– Virginia Commonwealth had a million reasons to stay in the CAA. But they decided to bolt for the Atlantic-10, a move that will take place immediately. As Jeff Eisenberg points out, this was a risk that VCU had to take. With the immediate addition of VCU, what will the A-10 look like in 2012-2013?
– Instead of the coaches parlaying Final Four births into bigger jobs, Butler and VCU as institutions have benefited, so sayeth Dana O’Neil
– But the point that’s lost in all of this is that the A-10 doesn’t need another Ram mascot!
– We’re not done with expansionocalypse just yet. Boise State and San Diego State may pull out of the Big East for everything except football. That would really save me the trouble of covering a noon day-1 Big East Tournament game between Boise State and Providence
– The coaching carousel is all but done for 2012, which is why review posts have been so frequent. It’s time for Eamonn Brennan to take his turn recapping the coaching changes
– It could be argued that Anthony Davis completed one of the most successful individual years in basketball history (And not just college hoops history)
– Mike Huguenin wants to introduce you to the top freshman to watch for in the ACC next year
– I did not realize this until just now, but Ohio State missed out on a bunch of top players in the 2012 recruiting class
– With Coach-K announcing that he won’t coach the U.S Olympic Team after the 2012 games, would John Calipari make for a suitable replacement? Glen Logan weighs the pros and cons
– Maryland has already lost Mychael Parker and Terell Stoglin during the off-season, and now word has it that freshman forward Ashton Pankey will also leave College Park
– Creighton’s 2012-2013 non-conference schedule looks rather thin. But here’s the issue: Greg McDermott doesn’t want to play “Guarantee Games”, and how many big-time BCS-conference teams would be willing to sign up for a home-and-home series with the Blue Jays?
– Jabari Parker is college basketball’s “next big thing”. He’s the top rated prospect in the class of 2013 and was the 2012 Gatorade Player of the Year. He was also recently featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Can the rising senior handle the pressure that comes with being named “the best high school basketball player since LeBron James”?
– Washington State tight end Aaron Dunn is transferring to Western Washington (DII) in order to play basketball