The Morning Mix is going to be light today, as we’re heading down to the Bayou to cover the Final Four in New Orleans. But we’re guessing you are kinda tired of reading rehashed stories about the Kentucky-Louisville game.
– Kentucky is the best team in the country this year, and that’s a lead pipe lock. But are they one of the best teams of the past 25 years? Nope, not at all
– In Seth Davis’ most recent edition of Hoops Thoughts, he reveals the perfect game plan to beat Kentucky
– It’s common knowledge that Rick Pitino and John Calipari don’t like each other….Or…well, it used to be common knowledge. According to Pitino, he has no animosity towards Cal
– Rick Pitino just missed out on being part of this year’s Hall of Fame induction class
– A pretty cool read on the Jewish Coaches Association annual Final Four bagel brunch. Yeah, it sounds goofy, but there’s actually a lot of good stuff here
– For the second year in a row, a non-D1 dunker won the College Slam Dunk Contest. James Justice of Martin Methodist College (TN) stole the show with his 52-inch vertical and an array of aerial acrobatics
– The NCAA is looking at making some changes to it’s governance model
– Here’s a shocker: Could Doug Gottlieb, yes, THAT Doug Gottlieb, be interested in the head coaching vacancy at Kansas State?
– Former Wake Forest and Xavier assistant Pat Kelsey has been named the new head coach at Winthrop
– Harrison Barnes, John Henson and Kendall Marshall have all decided to enter the NBA draft and will not return to Chapel Hill
– Duquesne-transfer T.J. McConnell will decide between Virginia and Arizona for his new landing spot, both schools would greatly benefit from the addition of the sophomore point guard
– Jabari Parker, the top-rated junior in the country, could still be interested in Illinois now that John Groce has been named head coach
– Richie Edwards and Hrvoje Vucic has asked to transfer out of Valparaiso
– The anti-One Shining Moment (Must-watch video clip)
– A Gorgui Dieng highlight reel…..edited with the soundtrack from The Lion King