– Your must-read of the day comes from Mike Vaccaro, who wrote a magnificent article about St. Bonaventure’s making it back to the NCAA Tournament
– St. Bonaventure’s got “a hero’s welcome” upon returning to school from the Atlantic-10 Tournament……at 2:30AM
– The gap between graduation rates for white and black players at schools in the men’s NCAA basketball tournament has shrunk for the first time since 2009
– If North Carolina and Creighton meet in the third round, it will be a battle of former-high school teammates in Harrison Barnes and Doug McDermott
– A fantastic-read from John Ezekowitz on the importance of rebounding and turnovers in NCAA Tournament upsets
– A manager for the Georgia Tech basketball team has been dismissed for his involvement in a shooting incident prior to the ACC Tournament
– 68 interesting tidbits about the coaches representing the NCAA Tournament teams
– South Carolina’s two-sport star Bruce Ellington has decided to hang up the football cleats and focus specifically on basketball
– Mike DeCourcy ranks the Tournament teams based on their National Championship chances
– West Virginia freshman Tommy McCune has decided to leave the program. The Mountaineers are left with JUST seven freshman on the roster. That’s obscene.
– Georgetown has lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament in three of the last four years. That fourth year? They didn’t make the tournament. They also have not a single player on their roster with tournament experience. That being said, is an upset loss to Belmont likely to happen?
– Virginia will need to find scoring production from somebody other than Mike Scott if they want any chance to advance
– Is Iona going to be this season’s VCU? Not if they can’t learn to defend the basketball better
– Speaking of VCU, the Rams took out an ad in the newspaper telling us that they are “back to bust your brackets”
– A nice-read on the senior class at Southern Mississippi
– This is arguably the most logical reasoning as to why it’s a good thing that Vermont is playing in the Play-In Game
– Another great-read on Loyola (Md.) head coach Jimmy Patsos, one of the most entertaining coaches in the country
– Rick Pitino believes that Davidson is the toughest first round opponent he’s ever faced. Clearly he’s unaware that a) Steph Curry is long gone and b) they play in the second round, not the first
– The Morehead State program took some time off from basketball in order to help out tornado victims in Kentucky
– We shouldn’t complain about tournament snubs because the number of legitimate snubs is declining every year
– Yeah, I’m with Jason Lisk on this one: Stop bragging about projecting bracket selections
– the Busted Mug Tournament is one of the most under-appreciated bracket-style challenges out there. It’s also wildly hilarious
– Speaking of wildly hilarious, you just can’t go wrong with a Mascot Madness bracket
– Is Scoop Jardine dating the daughter of Michael Jordan?
– I don’t think this is the change that President Obama was talking about
– This is just the most bizarre and disgusting basketball-related story we’ve seen in a long time: Middle school coach bites off ear of opposing coach after a loss
Troy Machir is the managing editor of the college basketball website Ballin’ is a Habit. You can find him on twitter @TroyMachir.