– The big news of the day comes from Yahoo Sports’ scandal-hunter Charles Robinson, who is reporting that Auburn guard Varez Ward is at the center of a federal point shaving investigation
– Mike Vorkunov of the New Jersey Star-Ledger wrote a wonderful piece on the annual pilgrimage made by businessmen to Madison Square Garden for the Big East Tournament
– We’ve been writing Baylor off for weeks, said they lack toughness. Well, they proved their manhood in a 82-74 win over Kansas State in the Big-XII Tournament
– Speaking of toughness, the Arizona Wildcats showed some grit and moxie in their 66-58 win over UCLA yesterday.
– Only 149 teams remain in The Circle of March
– A quick look at the Vegas odds for March Madness
– Oregon State upset top-seeded Washington in the Pac-12 quarterfinals and looked like the team in December that many predicted would contend for the Pac-12 title
– Mississippi State could not afford an early exit in the SEC tournament, but that’s exactly what they did last night. Are the Bulldogs’ tournament hopes all but over?
– Jawanza Poland missed an easy layup that would have won the game for South Florida and would have provided the resume-boosting win they needed. But Poland’s miss isn’t the only reason the Bulls won’t be dancing. Watch the last seven minutes of game film. South Florida’s execution was horrific
– Top-seeded UT-Arlington was bounced from the Southland Conference by McNeese State. The Mavericks’ hopes of an NCAA appearance were destroyed in the ugly, 20 point loss. The Mavericks went into the last game of the regular season undefeated, but have since lost two of three, and will instead play in the N.I.T.
– Jamal Franklin isn’t lucky, he’s clutch. He hit a tough, and I mean tough, 3-point buzzer-beater to defeat Boise State last night. This was his second game-winner of the year, and he nailed the dagger against UNLV back in January
– Based on the team’s performances from last night, it should be no surprise as to what Notre Dame wants to do against Louisville