– Iowa defeated Wisconsin last night, sweeping the season series against the Badgers for just the first time in 17 years. Hawkeye sharpshooter Matt Gatens had a career-high 33 points. Wisconsin had only allowed one other player to score more than 20 points in one game (Jared Sullinger, 21). The Hawkeyes have now beaten two tournament teams in a row. Looks like we can add another bubble team to the mix.
– Time for your daily bubble banter. Did anybody expect LSU to be in Tournament contention? Iona may still have a chance to snag an at-large bid, although they should probably just worry about getting the MAAC auto-bid. Texas and Xavier are going to be two of the biggest bubble participants over the next week or so
– I am falling in love with Dana O’Neil…….’s weekly “In The Know” column. It’s quickly becoming must-read stuff. In her latest entry, she tackles Championship Week
– Iowa fans have a bone to pick with Seth Davis following recent comments he made regarding former-Hawkeye head coach Steve Alford
– Jeff Borzello updates his Freshman of the Year Poll. Kentucky’s Anthony Davis is still the clubhouse leader, but is it possible that Michigan’s Trey Burke is more valuable to his team?
– A solid breakdown and detailing of the likely auto-bids from the mid-major conferences
– Big Apple Buckets has released their final NYC Power Poll of the 2011-2012 season
– When Michael Snaer hit the game-winning 3-pointer against Duke during their first meeting, he became just the fourth player in the last 17 years to hit a buzzer-beater at Cameron to defeat the Blue Devils
– Memphis-commit Geron Johnson has been dismissed from Garden City Community College after his third legal incident in the past few weeks
– A Romanian man was given a five-year jail sentence yesterday for the beating death of former Sacred Heart player Chauncey Hardy
– Here we go again with the conference expansion talk: Could VCU and George Mason take their talents to the A-10, now that Temple is headed to the Big East?
– It’s about time somebody makes note of the terrific job Ron Hunter is doing at Georgia State. The Panthers are 10-5 in the CAA and 19-8 overall in his first season. Hunter amassed a 274-219 record in 17 seasons at IUPUI. Since 2001, when the Jaguars became a D-I member, Hunter’s team had a losing record only once
– Adam Zagoria fills us in on the Big East Tournament seedings if it began today
– Rush The Court does a good job breaking down the possible seeding scenarios for the Big-XII Tournament
– More from Rush The Court: A color-coded seating chart of the ACC Tournament
– A neat list of the 25 best sneakers in Michigan basketball history
– Entertaining Oklahoma State freshman Le’Bryan Nash injured his left arm on Wednesday night against Oklahoma and his status for this weekend’s game is questionable
– This is a rather interesting question that hasn’t gotten as much play as we expected: What post-season accolades is Harrison Barnes going to get
– Golden Gopher fans sound a bit frustrated. Can we blame them?
– Brad Stevens on his team’s weakness – “Our biggest issue is perimeter shooting”…….Really? It’s not like any of us saw the National Championship game or anything
– This is usually the time of year when we start talking about Seth Greenberg’s status as head coach at Virginia Tech. But is his “hot seat” status undeserving this season?
– This “fan anthem” just might beat out San Diego States’. Yeah, it’s that good.