– This past weekend was loaded with game-winners and buzzer-beaters. Creighton’s Antoine Young beat Long Beach State, Penn’s Fran Dougherty beat Columbia on an ally-oop, Pacific’s Trevin Harris beat Idaho State, Virginia Tech’s Dorenzo Hudson beat Georgia Tech and USC-Upstate’s Ty Greene beat Lipscomb
– Jeff Eisenberg ranks four of the five the buzzer-beaters mentioned above
– You can’t just ask to be a leader. You can’t just speak up and say “I’m going to lead this team”. You become a leader by proving through effort and attitude that you have the necessary tools to take on that responsibility. Unfortunately Shabazz Napier has yet to learn this
– The Duke Hoop Blog continues it’s outstanding work on team performance at home versus on the road
– Mike Huguenin provides the Weekly Watch for the upcoming slate of games
– Remember when the talks about Maryland and Georgetown restarting their rivalry started to heat up back in the summer? Well, it looks like Maryland is going to refuse to schedule Georgetown in all sports until an agreement to compete in basketball is met
– Western Kentucky has removed the interm tag from Ray Harper
– Now that the MWC and C-USA are joining forces, could a merger between the Sun Belt and the WAC he on the horizon? If that’s the case, why not just have the MWC merge with the WAC and the C-USA with the Sun Belt. That seems like it makes more sense.
– Pat Forde wrote a great piece on Butler. This is a transitional team, but that doesn’t mean they can’t make another tournament run
– Matt Norlander waxes poetic about the mock tournament selection process he took part in last week (If you have 15 minutes to spare, you should probably read this). Eric Crawford also provides a great-read on the Mock Committee (With significantly less pomp & circumstance)
– We all know that Bruce Weber is on the hot-seat, but what other coaches are starting to feel the heat?
– This is a few days late, but certainly worth your time. The Wall Street Journal details the declining attendance figures in the ACC
– If you can get past the paywall, it’s highly suggested that you read this article from Zach Osterman on “The Tale of Two Indianas”
– Jeff Goodman explains to us that Georgetown’s success has been in large part to the team’s youth movement
– Andy Glockner provides a plethora of post-BracketBusters thoughts
– It is highly unlikely that St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin will return this season due to his battle with prostate cancer
– Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was at the Kentucky/Ole Miss game (in a fashionable hat no less!) and told a cameraman to “GET BACK TO THE GAME”
– This Kentucky tribute rap song is
surprisingly good not as bad as you would think it would be
– If you weren’t already familiar with Wichita State, make sure you get caught up soon. This team can make some noise in late March
– An interview with Jackson Blankenship, you know, the Alabama student with the giant cardboard cutout of himself. Please tell me you’ve seen the picture. It’s the best photo of the year. But this interview leaves more to be desired.