- 23 turnovers on 69 possessions
- 20 of 47 from the field and 3 of 16 beyond the arc
- An eFG% of just 45.7 (Mizzou’s was 52.7)
Most telling? K-State cut a 15-point halftime deficit to three points midway through the second half, only to be outscored 16-5 in the next six minutes. The Wildcats were sloppy on offense, couldn’t rebound, committed dumb fouls and failed to do much right.
That about sums up the season.
And it’s only going to get worse. Kansas State’s upcoming schedule is as brutal as it gets:
- Saturday at Texas A&M (16-1)
- Monday vs. Baylor (12-4)
- Jan. 29 at Kansas (17-0)
- Feb. 2 vs. Nebraska (13-4)
That’s at least two losses, maybe even three. At that point, K-State’s staring a .500 record in the face and contemplating the NIT.
Want more? I’m also on Twitter @MikeMillerNBC.