GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 3 Wisconsin at Indiana, 7:00 p.m.
This is a huge game for the Hoosiers, who have put together a resume that needs quite a bit of work heading into the conference play. They are athletic, but outside of Yogi Ferrell, they just don’t have enough perimeter weapons. That’s something that the Badgers will take advantage of, as they are a very, very good defensive team. I still think Indiana is going to be good enough to make some noise in the Big Ten, but this will be a test for them.
WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 13 Kentucky at Arkansas, 9:00 p.m.
The Razorbacks pressure full court for 40 minutes, making things very difficult for opposing ball-handlers. That works to their advantage playing in Bud Walton Arena, one of the toughest home court environments in the country. That’s a perfect combination for a young Kentucky team that will be playing arguably their toughest road game to date.
MID-MAJOR MATCHUP OF THE NIGHT: VCU at George Washington, 7:00 p.m.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s not a mid-major game. I know. But it is a matchup between two of the best teams in the Atlantic 10. VCU has had some issues this season scoring the ball — they really need Melvin Johnson to embrace the role of the sharpshooter — but GW has had issues going against pressure. Forcing turnovers is what VCU does best.
SIX THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
1) An intriguing matchup taking place tonight in the Big 12, as No. 25 Oklahoma will put their first top 25 ranking of the season on the line when they head into the Octagon of Doom to take on Kansas State.
2) No. 5 Wichita State will be putting their undefeated record on the line tonight as they host Bradley. The Shockers needed overtime to dispatch of Missouri State on Saturday night.
3) Keep an eye on No. 22 Pitt going on the road to take on Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets have had an up-and-down season and are dealing with some injuries, but there is nothing like a road game to trip up a favorite.
4) Three more top 25 teams take the court tonight:
- Georgia and their two game winning streak will head to No. 7 Florida.
- No. 19 Cincinnati will host Temple, one of the most injury-plagued teams in the country.
- No. 20 Creighton will host fellow Big East newcomer Butler.
5) Michigan puts their undefeated Big Ten record on the line tonight as they host Penn State.
6) Keep an eye out west tonight as Boise State hosts Nevada. The Wolf Pack are sitting at 4-0 in the MWC right now while BSU is 1-2. The Broncs were a preseason title contender while Nevada wasn’t expected to do much of anything in league play.