Ka'Deem Carey

Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey reportedly removed from basketball arena after incident with campus police

All-American Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey was ejected from last week’s UCLA-Arizona game after a confrontation with campus police, the UA student newspaper the Daily Wildcat first reported.

According to the report, Carey and his cousin were asked four times by event staff to leave the designated Arizona student section after the two men were double-seated and sitting on the backs of chairs. They were then approached by a campus police officer who asked for their tickets. Carey then reportedly responded, “Don’t you know who I am? I am an All American.”

The two men were then escorted outside where the following scene took place, as reported by the Arizona Daily Star:

Carey then got close to the officer, who asked him to “back off,” according to the UAPD report. When Carey failed to do so, the officer told him in a louder voice and Carey then took several steps back.

After a wants/warrants check came back negative on Carey and his cousin, the officer returned their identifications and told them they would have to leave the game, according to the police report.

A student Code of Conduct report was then filed with the university, according to the report.

Earlier this month, Carey was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct after an alleged incident involving his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He pleaded not guilty.

Carey was the nation’s leading rusher this past season with 1929 yards for the Wildcats and a Pac-12-leading 23 touchdowns. Arizona finished 8-5 on the year and defeated Nevada, 49-48, to win the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 15.

Daniel Martin is a writer and editor at JohnnyJungle.com, covering St. John’s. You can find him on Twitter:@DanielJMartin_

Jalen Coleman-Lands cleared to practice

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - MARCH 10: Jarrod Uthoff #20 of the Iowa Hawkeyes defends against Jalen Coleman-Lands #5 of the Illinois Fighting Illini in the second round of the Big Ten Basketball Tournament at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on March 10, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)