The Morning Mix

Billy Clyde Gilispie is no longer the head coach at Texas Tech. How can I put this without being too harsh? Good riddance. Guys like BCG don’t deserve the privilege of working in a leadership position. He’s bad for the game. Good Riddance.

Billy Gillespie resigned from Texas Tech. This may have been the smartest move of Billy Clyde’s notorious career

– Where does Texas Tech go from here? Andy Katz tries to figure it out, and provides a couple of interesting suggestions: Former New Mexico State coach/NBA player/T-NBC actor Reggie Theus, and former-Nebraska coach Doc Sadler, who is now an assistant under Bill Self at Kansas

– Dana O’Neil provides a great-take on the ending to BCG’s reign at Texas Tech

– John Calipari spilled the beans on how he’s able to get the top recruits to come to Kentucky, and surprisingly enough, it’s rather quite simple. Calipari just happens to execute it perfectly

– Kentucky”s freshman phenom Nerlens Noel nearly took a spill at the Big Blue Madness camp-out

– It appears as those Detroit’s star guard Ray MacCallum is writing for the school newspaper. Give it a read

– Mike Rice is the most entertaining coach in the country that doesn’t get enough credit. He’s raising money by rappelling down the surface of a 490-foot building. Need I say more?

– OF COURSE I’ll go golfing with Providence head coach Ed Cooley!!!

– Former-Gonzaga forward Micah Downs will be attending Boston Celtics training camp. Random, I know, right? But this does provide the opportunity to fill you in on the where-a-bouts of other famous Zags

– For those of you who care about this sort of thing, The ACC has released their full composite schedule for the 2012-2013 season

The same thing goes for the Horizon League. You’ll have ample opportunity to get to know the rest of the league now that Butler has moved to the Atlantic-10

Henry Ellenson wins Marquette Madness dunk contest

Steve Wojciechowski