– The MLB All-Star Game is on Tuesday, and I bet you had no idea just how many former All-Stars were also former college basketball players
– Kansas head coach Bill Self is an avid baseball fan. He enjoys advanced statistics, quotes classic baseball movies, and even invited Tommy Lasorda to the Phogg. With the All-Star Game taking place in Kansas City this week, you just knew Self would be part of the festivities. Self was booed heavily by the Missouri fans in attendance, but the Kansas head coach silenced them by hitting a home run
– Indiana State isn’t exactly known for their football program. But Sycamore’s center Myles Walker, who was also a high touted football recruit, will be trading in the high-tops for shoulder pads
– Consider Vermont the “Kentucky of #AllNameTeams”. The Catamounts saw Four McGlynn transfer to Towson, yet they were able to reload with the addition of Trey Blue. He will join the likes of Clancy Rugg and Sandro Carissimo
– So….apparently, somebody purchased the trademark rights to “Fear the Brow” before Anthony Davis could. The owner is willing to give it to the No.1-overall pick, but for a price. (I told you all he should have gone with “Brow Down” instead)
– Anthony Davis was left off the US olympic roster, but are we getting closer to seeing college players represent the country again?
– Kevin Pelton does a great job rating Team USA’s roster for the upcoming Olympics in London
– A couple of good-reads about potential breakout stars in 2012-2013: Arkansas’ B.J. Young, Kentucky’s Ryan Harrow, Marquette’s Vander Blue, Ohio State’s LaQuinton Ross, Pittsburgh’s Lamar Patterson, , South Florida’s Victor Rudd Jr., Syracuse’s C.J. Fair, and Washington’s C.J. Wilcox
– Jabari Parker was once thought to be considered unquestionably the top recruit in the class of 2013. But with a recent injury and the rise of Julius Randle, is Parker’s top spot up for grabs?
– The NCAA changed their rules in order to allow more summer practice time, and many coaches are starting to capitalize on the extra hours
– Could Penn’s Zac Rosen become the next Jeremy Lin? (All I got is “Rosen-sational”. If you can do better, drop it in the comments section below)
– A nice, quick read about the height of Kentucky’s ceiling in 2012-2013, and what the ‘Cats have to do to break through
– A shirtless Ric Pitino chillin’ on a raft, throwin’ up “The L”. In case you’re in to that sort of thing
– Man running for Mayor of Portland punches guy in the balls during pick-up game