– The Final Four certainly isn’t all chalk, but it’s filled with nothing but college basketball blue-bloods, which could make for an exciting week in New Orleans
– Luke Winn takes the first look at the Final Four
– A Final Four of traditional powers should make for a bevy of interesting storylines to follow this week
– Despite a loaded Final Four field, not very many people had these four teams making in to New Orleans in their brackets
– Kentucky and Ohio State are the favorites out of Vegas to be squaring off a week from tonight for the National Championship
– Did anybody think that Lenzelle Smith Jr. would have played as big of a role in the Buckeye’s march to the Final Four as he did?
– John Calipari doesn’t like the “one and done” rule, but he sure knows how to use it
– Last week it was reported that Butler is rumored to be joining the Atlantic-10 Conference. Now we have word that George Mason and VCU might be making the move as well
– After being rejected by VCU head coach Shaka Smart, Illinois is targeting Ohio’s John Groce and Butler’s Brad Stevens. But Brad Stevens is staying at Butler, so Groce seems to be the key target for the Illini right now
– What type of coach does Duquesne need to hire? Ray Mernagh believes they need to get a proven winner
– Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy has turned down the offer to coach at UAB and will stay in Oxford
– 28-year old Bashir Mason will take over for Dan Hurley at Wagner, becoming the youngest D-I coach in the country
– A great-read on the reason why Frank Martin may or may not take the job at South Carolina
– Gregg Doyel points out that things could get interesting for North Carolina in 2012-2013. Tyler Zeller is graduating. Harrison Barnes is likely to head pro, and John Henson will probably go as well. That’s a big chuck of talent leaving. But keep an eye out for Kendall Marshall and James-Michael McAdoo, who could leave as well
– Word on the street is that Syracuse’s Dion Waiters “is definitely not coming back” and will enter the NBA Draft
– Speaking of Syracuse, here are three things that ‘Cuse fans don’t want to talk about right now
– It will be interesting to follow the decision-making process of Perry Jones III in the next few months. The Baylor forward returned to school in order to increase his draft stock and earn a chance at a Final Four. But how many players have seen their stock drop as much as PJ3? His inconsistancy and lack of toughness this season could be the reason he is no longer a lottery pick
– After a bittersweet end to the season, Indiana’s Christian Watford is still uncertain of his future
– Considering this was “a down year” for the Big East, the end results aren’t too shabby
– With West Virgina bolting t0 the Big-XII, who will become the Pitt Panthers new rival?
– Maryland picked up another commitment , this time, in the form of Sam Cassell Jr.
– If you missed the Kentucky-Baylor game, then you missed out on one of the funniest student section dancers we’ve seen in a long, long time