– According to Pat Forde and Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, the Syracuse basketball program repeatedly violated internal drug policy. It seemed like a big issue at the time, but is it really that big of a deal? But finally, somebody (and that somebody is Dana O’Neil) tackles the “so what if it’s a big deal” angle
– Jason King put together the best end-of-year awards list I’ve ever seen. Seriously, if you don’t read this, you are doing yourself a disservice
– Luke Winn was at the CAA finals, and details the emergence of a new back-court leader for Virginia Commonwealth
– Long Beach State has been dealt a huge blow, as versatile forward Larry Anderson will be held out of the Big West Tournament due to injury. The 49ers have struggled in the past two Big West Tournaments and are do not want to wind up on the wrong side of the bubble come Selection Sunday
– Dana O’Neil provides a must-read on the changes taking place at (well, after) the Big East Tournament this week. According to the New York Times, the Big East is paying the price for not embracing football
– Immediately following his team’s 60-53 loss to Toledo, Miami (OH) head coach Charlie Coles announced his retirement. He will leave as the school’s all-time leader in wins, amassing a total record of 263-224.
– This is really the only week you should be concerned with bubble talk. Debating bubble statuses in late-January is pretty unnecessary. But since it’s time to debate the bubble, I suggest you read this
– How much merit do we actually give to Coaches Polls? Dennis Dodd thinks it’s time we get rid of them, and I have a hard time disagreeing with him
– The Loyola Greyhounds are in the Big Dance for the first time in 18 years. Their coach, Jimmy Patsos doesn’t get nearly the recognition he deserves, not only as a great coach and motivator, but as a great interview
– The Mavericks of UT-Arlington are looking to make their second consecutive NCAA Tournament. They went the entire regular season without a loss until the season finale. But a strong tournament run will make up for the heartbreak
– Four storylines to keep track of in the Southeastern Conference Tournament
– Some new uniforms could be on the horizon for the Baylor Bears
– For those of you content-junkies who are tired of reading about bubble teams, may I suggest this fantastic rundown of the current family connections in college hoops?
– Don’t you just love it when an internet meme actually works?