– Harvard’s recruiting efforts might become a bit easier now that “Linsanity” is taking over the nation
– Of course we need to know what Jim Boeheim thinks of “Linsanity”!
– Jim Calhoun will miss UConn’s next two games as he remains sidelined with lingering back issues. Associate Head Coach George Blaney gave some solid quotes following the Huskie’s 26-point win over DePaul last night
– Are the Temple Owls as good as their 20-5 record indicates?
– SMU and UAB provided what may end up being the worst basketball game of the 2011-2012 season
– Nick Baumgardner breaks down the four most important players on each of the Big Ten title contenders
– NCAA Selection Committee Chair Jeff Hathaway (Former-UConn Athletic Director) discusses the consideration process for at-large teams
– Robert Burke, the head coach at Mount Saint Mary’s, has been placed on administrative leave by the university. The Mountaineers are currently 6-19 and 4-10 in NEC play
– A solid diary entry from VCU assistant coach Will Wade on preparing for BracketBusters and the stretch run
– Even if Kansas doesn’t end up winning the National Championship, the Jayhawks could walk away with a handful of end-of-the-year hardware
– Gerardo Suero, the Albany Danes’ leading scorer, did not play on Wednesday night due to shingles. Don’t know what shingles is? It’s like chickenpox, only more painful
– Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin has suspended high-flying forward Kenny Hall for “conduct detrimental to the team”
– Regardless of what Penn State’s final record ends up being, this season has been a success for first-year head coach Pat Chambers. The on-court improvements will come, but he has dominated the off-court proceedings. First-off, he’s an earnest, hardworking class-act. He performed a classy-yet-entertaining salute to “JoePa”, and now, there’s video of him handing out Big Macs at McDonald’s. As the kids would say “He’s ‘Linning’ ”
– Oral Roberts became the second team in the country to clinch a regular season championship thus far. The Golden Eagles defeated IPFW 75-71 to win the Summit League for their final time. They will join the Southland Conference starting in 2012-2013
– This is certainly an interesting take: Does North Carolina lack the ability to close-out games?
– It’s anybody’s guess as to what the final standings in the Atlantic-10 will look like
– The recent trend of massive Non-D1 #POSTERIZED dunks continues on with Northwest Florida JuCo’s Trency Johnson
– Kentucky held an open practice and ONLY 2,000 people showed up….For a practice….in the early afternoon….on a work day….Not a game….Not a game….Not a game….We talkin’ about practice
– A sure-fire winner for “Best photo of the 2011-2012 season”